- May 31, 2019
4:30 pm - 6:00 pm
Dry Fly Distilling, from Spokane, Washington, is one of the newest distilleries to be represented on the shelves of Susan’s Fine Wine and Spirits. Dry Fly founder, Don Poffenroth, wanted to create spirits that reflect the beauty of the Pacific Northwest. Along the way he created a true farm-to-bottle product line. In fact, all of the ingredients used in the Dry Fly lineup are locally sourced from within 30 miles of the distillery and come from sustainable farms.
Susan’s own Adam Howard, spirits buyer and general manager, will host this free tasting to introduce you to the superb products from Dry Fly Distilling. Featured will be the core lineup of products stocked on our shelves, including:
- Barrel Reserve Gin — made with juniper, lavender, coriander, apple, mint and hops.
- Three-Year Wheated Whiskey
- Straight Triticale whiskey — made from a unique hybrid grain of wheat and rye.
- Bourbon 101 — made using a mash recipe of 55% corn and 45% triticale for a truly unique dram taste.
- …and last but not least, Dry Fly Distilling’s take on Irish whiskey, O’Danaghers Five-Year American Hiberian — from an old-style Irish recipe of barley, wheat, and oats
This post was written by SFW&S