- August 16, 2019
4:00 pm - 8:00 pm
At the bar we’re featuring a fun exploration of the spirits of Mexico and the cocktails you can make with them. However there won’t be any tequila or margaritas!
As the seasons change, so do the trends in fine spirits. One thing we have noticed is a dramatic rise in interest around the “other” Mexican spirits, but we always get the same question: “What can I do with this other than drink it on the rocks, or splash it on top of my margarita?”
The answer is very simple, you can do just about anything. And you can definitely employ the same creativity as with any other spirits!
We will be offering free samples of all of the base spirits and a brief seminar on how to work with these unique spirits like Mezcal, Sotol, Raicilla, and Bacanora in fun and exciting ways. But it won’t stop there. All of the cocktails in the seminar will be available at the bar for only $7 Friday night only. Come enjoy a sampling with light discussion and stay for a cocktail at the bar.
We will be featuring the following:
- Aztec Old Fashioned — Old fashioned made with Yuu Baal Reposado Mezcal and Aztec chocolate bitters
- Dirty Oaxacan Martini — A play on the dirty martini with Rayu Mezcal Joven
- Raicilla Spritz — A simple take on the skinny margarita. Balam Raicilla with a splash of lime and Topo Chico sparkling mineral water
- Sotol and Sage — A basic play on the mojito, utilizing Hacienda Sotol Plata instead of rum, and Sage instead of mint
- Green Chile Bacanora Smash — Bacanora muddled into fresh roasted green chile and shaken with cucumber and lime juice
(Note that Madeleine de Jean was original scheduled on this day, but she had to postpone. Watch for her amazing presentation closer to Thanksgiving.)
This post was written by SFW&S