- May 10, 2019
4:30 pm - 6:00 pm
California has long been known as a producer of top Cabernet Sauvignon. National Distributing Company brings a great many of these superb Cabernets to New Mexico and Susan’s is proud to offer the area’s best selection of fine California Cabernet Sauvignon.
In this rare free tasting event from National Distributing, their representative Tyler Rudolf will present a selection of Cabernet Sauvignons from different American Viticulture Areas (AVA) and counties in California. If you like quality California Cabs as much as we do, this is one tasting you’ll want to attend. Tyler will be featuring:
- Steele Cabernet Lake County Red Hills 2015 — located in the northern Mayacamas Mountains, the Red Hills frame the southwestern edge of Clear Lake. The high elevation volcanic hillsides produce intense mountain fruit.
- Kenwood Jack London Cabernet Sauvignon Sonoma County 2014 — Sourced from the lava-terraced vineyards of the Jack London Ranch on the western slope of Sonoma Mountain in Glen Ellen.
- Alexander Valley Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon 2016 — This AVA is a warmer area covering a 20-mile stretch along the Russian River from Healdsburg to Mendocino, producing a vibrant, more fruit-driven Cabernet.
- Klinker Brick Cabernet Sauvignon Lodi 2015 — From a region spanning Sacramento and San Joaquin counties with winegrowing dating to the 1850’s and a Mediterranean climate of warm days and cool nights.
- Orin Swift “Palermo” Napa Valley 2015 — One of Dave Phinney’s numerous cult classics, this Cabernet is a blend of fruits from numerous Napa Valley AVA and an expression of his signature bold, powerful wine-making style.
This post was written by SFW&S