- April 5, 2019
4:30 pm - 6:00 pm
Susan’s Fine Wine and Spirits is pleased and honored to offer a free tasting of wines from local producer, Sheehan Winery, from the Vecinos del Bosque neighborhood in Albuquerque. Susan’s was first to bring Sheehan wines to Santa Fe and these wines are being very well received.
Sheehan Winery is a producer of high quality, handcrafted, limited-release, and award-winning wines made exclusively with New Mexico-grown grapes. The winery is a sustainable development partner with St. Anthony’s Alliance, supporting healthcare and economic development in the Albuquerque community and throughout the world.
A representative from Sheehan Winery will be at the store to pour and explain the lineup selected for this exclusive tasting:
- 2017 Viognier — aromas and flavors of stone fruit and honeysuckle mingle with notes of nectarine and white flowers
- 2017 Chardonnay — aromas of Meyer lemon, Asian pear, and honeysuckle leading to a palate of green apple, apricot, and vanilla. Vibrant acidity and bright minerality.
- 2016 Ollphéist — alluring toast and spice aromas leading to bright red cherry and raspberry flavors accented by cinnamon, nutmeg and black pepper.
- 2016 Merlot “El Legado Vineyard” — juicy dark fruit and aromatic notes of chai tea, cinnamon, & bittersweet cocoa. The palate features sweet black plum, blueberry, anise, smoke and spice.
- 2016 Malbec — complex aromas of sweet ripe blackberries, violets, and red cherries with notes of toasty vanilla oak for balance. Subtle tannins.
- 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon “Elyce Vineyard” — fruit-driven, bursting with ripe dark red fruit, spices and licorice. Soft tannins.
- 2017 Chambourcin — strawberry, rose petal & light violet on the nose. Followed by raspberry, red cherry, cranberry and slight earthiness on the palate. Balanced tannins.
This post was written by SFW&S