- December 6, 2018
5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
Susan’s Fine Wine and Spirits carries one of the area’s most extensive selection of natural wines. At this special seminar you can find out exactly what it means to be a natural wine. Martha and Paul Aguilar of PM Wine Distribution will be explaining some of the most important aspects of natural wine production, including:
- Organically or biodynamically grown grapes only
- Dry-farmed, low-yielding vineyards
- No added sugars and no foreign yeast
- No adjustments for acidity
- No additives for color, mouth-feel, minerality, etc
- No external flavor additives, including those derived from new oak barrels, staves, chips, or liquid extract
- Minimal or no fining or filtration (no filtration at all is ideal)
- No manipulation
- Little or no added sulphites (no sulphur at all is ideal)
When properly managed, the result is a living wine, wholesome and full of naturally occurring microbiology, according to Isabelle Leger.
This seminar will explore these features and more through a sampling of seven wines and offer an opportunity to ask questions and learn more about this current and very prevalent movement.
The seminar is limited to 16 participants and the $15 tuition may be credited toward any purchase of wines featured in the seminar. Please call the store, 505-984-1582, to register for this unusual seminar.
This post was written by SFW&S