- August 9, 2019
4:30 pm - 6:00 pm
Our own wine department manager and buyer extraordinaire, Barbara Bjorn, will team up with the ever-popular and always informative James “Jimmy the Juice” Selby from Favorite Brands, as they offer a free tasting of some of our newest, wonderful summer wines.
Featured wines are:
- FRANCOIS CHIDAINE TOURAINE SAUVIGNON BLANC, FR 2018 Uber Star [and we don’t mean ride share] from LOIRE Valley’s Touraine region. Uber value, too.
- TERREDORA di PAOLO FALANGHINA CAMPANIA, IT 2017 Back by demand; a Southern Italy pleasure in a bottle. Full and round and tart.
- LIOCO ROSE –“INDICA” 100% CARIGNON, MENDOCINO, CA 2018 Fresh into the market, this vintage is considered their finest yet, from of a string of winners.
And three Pinots:
- AWATERE RIVER PINOT NOIR MARLBOROUGH, NZ 2017 Fresh, bright and varietally pretty pinot.
- LONGORIA PINOT NOIR -LOVELY RITA- SANTA RITA HILLS, CA 2015 Rick Longoria’s, originator of “Lompoc Ghetto” wineries,tuneful lullaby to the Beatles.
- MICHEL SARRAZIN BOURGOGNE ROUGE -VIEILLES VIGNES 2017 French are tres charmant and this pinot is no exception. Burgundy bargain!
This post was written by SFW&S